Established in 2010
Our Executive Board is made up of representatives from the following organizations:
The purpose of the Solano VOAD is to be a coalition of agencies and organizations fostering more effective coordination of emergency response and recovery services among its partner organizations and recruiting others to participate in an integrated plan that will ensure an effective and sustainable organization.
SVOAD primary goals include:
- Increase communication and coordination among disaster response/recovery organizations before and after a disaster.
- Eliminate duplication of efforts among responding agencies and maximize service delivery. Recruit agencies that can commit to collaborating in providing disaster services and resources. Increase cross-agency disaster response & recovery planning.
- Enhance communication & coordination among the private sector, non-profit & community-based organizations, the faith community, and government agencies serving human and animal needs following a disaster.
- Participate with partner agencies in promoting individual and organizational disaster preparedness and providing a forum for information exchange and training.
- Address the unmet needs of those affected by a disaster.
- Long-term cooperation, coordination, communication, and collaboration of recovery operations following a disaster in Solano County.